**NEW** this year, OR 2.0 is joining AE-CAI and CARE in a joint workshop!
The joint 14th AE-CAI, 7th CARE and 3rd OR 2.0 workshop will bring together researchers, clinicians, and medical companies that are working on advancing the field of Medical Imaging and Augmented Reality, Augmented Environments for Computer Assisted Interventions (AE-CAI), Computer Assisted and Robotic Endoscopy (CARE) and Context-Aware Operating Theaters (OR 2.0). This workshop will feature high-quality, original papers and invited keynote presentations on the latest scientific, technical and translational advances in developing the next generation of AE-CAI, CARE and OR systems.
July 7th, 2020 July 13th, 2020 (in response to several requests, we will leave submission open until July 20. However, if you have not done so, please start your submission and upload your abstract ASAP)
Notification of paper decisions:
July 31st, 2020 August 15th, 2020
Aug 10th, 2020 , August 25th, 2020
Camera Ready Papers:
Aug 20th, 2020, Sept 4th 2020
Workshop: October 4th, 2020
For information about submission please go to the submissions page.
We are happy to announce that this year the workshop proceedings will be published in a Special Issue of the Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization journal.
The focus of this workshop is on novel scientific contributions that offer solutions to the technical problems in computer-assisted intervention systems and robotics, visualization and interaction, and medical image computing, as well as papers describing complete systems and clinical applications. The potential clinical benefit is a core subject and contributors will be expected to place their work within this context by describing necessary developments, research questions and any potential obstacles that must be overcome before the clinical introduction of their technologies.
Topics within this theme include:
- Medical Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Surgical Simulation and Training
- Multimodal Data Visualization and Image Fusion
- Image-guided Surgical Navigation and Robotics
- Display Technology for Medical Imaging and Visualization
- Image Guided Intervention System and Platforms
- Human-Computer Interaction and Information Display (visual, auditory, tactile)
- Medical Image Formation, Analysis, and Interpretation
- Computer Assisted Intervention, Interventional Imaging
- Image-guided Robotics, Image-guided Intervention
- Surgical Planning and Simulation
- Systematic Extra- and Intra-corporeal Imaging Modalities
- General Biological and Neuroscience Image Computing
- Patient-Specific Modeling and Medical Image Understanding
- Robotic and navigated endoscopy
- Stereoscopic endoscopy
- Ultrasound endoscopy
- Endoscope tracking, navigation, planning and simulation
- Endoscopic video computing and computer vision for endoscopic applications
- Endoscopy skill training and evaluation
- Context-Aware Operating Theatres
- Surgical vision and perception
- Cognitive models
- Sensors, Wearable and implantable electronics and robots
- Decision support networks to enhance surgical procedural assistance
- Context-awareness and team communication in the operating theater
- Human-robot collaborative systems
- Surgical training and assessment
A big thanks to Intuitive and NDI for sponsoring our best paper awards! The recipients of this years best papers are:
- Vision Blender: A Tool to Efficiently Generate Computer Vision Datasets for Robotic Surgery by João Cartucho et al.
- Feasibility of Image-based Augmented Reality Guidance of Total Shoulder Arthroplasty Using Microsoft HoloLens 1 by Wenhao Gu et al.
- Towards assisted electrocardiogram interpretation using an AI-enabled Augmented Reality Headset by Paula Lampreave et al.
- The AI-Medic: An Artificial Intelligent Mentor for Trauma Surgery by Edgar J. Rojas Muñoz et al.
Please register for this conference through the MICCAI registration.
*Note: At least one author per accepted paper must register to the workshop.