**NEW** this year, the MICCAI workshops AE-CAI, CARE will join forces with MIAR will join forces to host a joint 2-day event in Shenzhen, China!
MIAR 2019 will build on the success of the 7th conference in 2016, joining with the 13th AE-CAI and 6th CARE workshop to bring together researchers, clinicians, and medical companies advancing the field of Medical Imaging and Augmented Reality, Augmented Environments for Computer Assisted Interventions (AE-CAI), and Computer Assisted and Robotic Endoscopy (CARE). This workshop will feature high-quality, original papers and invited keynote presentations on the latest scientific, technical and translational advances in developing the next generation of MIAR, AE-CAI, and CARE systems.
Paper Submission Deadline:
June 24th July 15th
Author Notification: TBD
Camera-ready Papers: TBD
***We’re happy to announce that this year’s workshop proceedings will be published in a Special Issue of the IET’s HealthCare Technology Letters Journal (IET HTL).
For more information about submitting your paper click here.
The focus of this workshop is on novel scientific contributions that offer solutions to the technical problems in computer-assisted intervention systems and robotics, visualization and interaction, and medical image computing, as well as papers describing complete systems and clinical applications. The potential clinical benefit is a core subject and contributors will be expected to place their work within this context by describing necessary developments, research questions and any potential obstacles that must be overcome before the clinical introduction of their technologies.
Topics within this theme include:
- Medical Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Surgical Simulation and Training
- Multimodal Data Visualization and Image Fusion
- Image-guided Surgical Navigation and Robotics
- Display Technology for Medical Imaging and Visualization
- Image Guided Intervention System and Platforms
- Human-Computer Interaction and Information Display (visual, auditory, tactile)
- Medical Image Formation, Analysis, and Interpretation
- Computer Assisted Intervention, Interventional Imaging
- Image-guided Robotics, Image-guided Intervention
- Surgical Planning and Simulation
- Systematic Extra- and Intra-corporeal Imaging Modalities
- General Biological and Neuroscience Image Computing
- Patient-Specific Modeling and Medical Image Understanding
- Robotic and navigated endoscopy
- Stereoscopic endoscopy
- Ultrasound endoscopy
- Endoscope tracking and navigation
- Endoscopic video computing
- Computer vision for endoscopic applications
- Endoscopy planning and simulation
- Endoscopy skill training and evaluation
Please register for this conference through the MICCAI registration site:
*Note: At least one author per accepted paper must register to the workshop.