The joint 16th AE-CAI, 9th CARE and 5th OR 2.0 workshop will bring together researchers, clinicians, and medical companies that are working on advancing the field of Medical Imaging and Augmented Reality, Augmented Environments for Computer Assisted Interventions (AE-CAI), Computer Assisted and Robotic Endoscopy (CARE) and Context-Aware Operating Theaters (OR 2.0). This workshop will feature high-quality, original papers and invited keynote presentations on the latest scientific, technical and translational advances in developing the next generation of AE-CAI, CARE and OR systems.
July 1st **July 15th**
Notification of paper decisions:
Camera Ready Papers:
Workshop: September 18th
For information about submission please go to the submissions page.
We are happy to announce that this year the workshop proceedings will be published in a Special Issue of the Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization journal.
The focus of this workshop is on novel scientific contributions that offer solutions to the technical problems in computer-assisted intervention systems and robotics, visualization and interaction, and medical image computing, as well as papers describing complete systems and clinical applications. The potential clinical benefit is a core subject and contributors will be expected to place their work within this context by describing necessary developments, research questions and any potential obstacles that must be overcome before the clinical introduction of their technologies.
Topics within this theme include:
- Medical Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Surgical Simulation and Training
- Multimodal Data Visualization and Image Fusion
- Image-guided Surgical Navigation and Robotics
- Display Technology for Medical Imaging and Visualization
- Image Guided Intervention System and Platforms
- Human-Computer Interaction and Information Display (visual, auditory, tactile)
- Medical Image Formation, Analysis, and Interpretation
- Computer Assisted Intervention, Interventional Imaging
- Image-guided Robotics, Image-guided Intervention
- Surgical Planning and Simulation
- Systematic Extra- and Intra-corporeal Imaging Modalities
- General Biological and Neuroscience Image Computing
- Patient-Specific Modeling and Medical Image Understanding
- Robotic and navigated endoscopy
- Stereoscopic endoscopy
- Ultrasound endoscopy
- Endoscope tracking, navigation, planning and simulation
- Endoscopic video computing and computer vision for endoscopic applications
- Endoscopy skill training and evaluation
- Context-Aware Operating Theatres
- Surgical vision and perception
- Cognitive models
- Sensors, Wearable and implantable electronics and robots
- Decision support networks to enhance surgical procedural assistance
- Context-awareness and team communication in the operating theater
- Human-robot collaborative systems
- Surgical training and assessment
- Affordable interventional technologies
- Low-cost navigation systems
As well as best paper awards sponsored by Intuitive Surgical and NDI, this year the workshop will offer a number of registration fee waivers to presenting student authors from economically developing countries (https://isi-web.org/capacity-building/developing-countries)! Please contact us for more information!
Please register for this conference through the MICCAI registration.
*Note: At least one author per accepted paper must register to the workshop.