The joint 15th AE-CAI, 8th CARE and 4th OR 2.0 workshop will bring together researchers, clinicians, and medical companies that are working on advancing the field of Medical Imaging and Augmented Reality, Augmented Environments for Computer Assisted Interventions (AE-CAI), Computer Assisted and Robotic Endoscopy (CARE) and Context-Aware Operating Theaters (OR 2.0). This workshop will feature high-quality, original papers and invited keynote presentations on the latest scientific, technical and translational advances in developing the next generation of AE-CAI, CARE and OR systems.
July 7th, 2021 July 20th
Notification of paper decisions: August 15th, 2021
Paper Revisions: Aug 25th, 2021
Camera Ready Papers: Aug 31st, 2021
Workshop: September 27th, 2021
For information about submission please go to the submissions page.
We are happy to announce that this year the workshop proceedings will be published in a Special Issue of the Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization journal.
The focus of this workshop is on novel scientific contributions that offer solutions to the technical problems in computer-assisted intervention systems and robotics, visualization and interaction, and medical image computing, as well as papers describing complete systems and clinical applications. The potential clinical benefit is a core subject and contributors will be expected to place their work within this context by describing necessary developments, research questions and any potential obstacles that must be overcome before the clinical introduction of their technologies.
Topics within this theme include:
- Medical Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Surgical Simulation and Training
- Multimodal Data Visualization and Image Fusion
- Image-guided Surgical Navigation and Robotics
- Display Technology for Medical Imaging and Visualization
- Image Guided Intervention System and Platforms
- Human-Computer Interaction and Information Display (visual, auditory, tactile)
- Medical Image Formation, Analysis, and Interpretation
- Computer Assisted Intervention, Interventional Imaging
- Image-guided Robotics, Image-guided Intervention
- Surgical Planning and Simulation
- Systematic Extra- and Intra-corporeal Imaging Modalities
- General Biological and Neuroscience Image Computing
- Patient-Specific Modeling and Medical Image Understanding
- Robotic and navigated endoscopy
- Stereoscopic endoscopy
- Ultrasound endoscopy
- Endoscope tracking, navigation, planning and simulation
- Endoscopic video computing and computer vision for endoscopic applications
- Endoscopy skill training and evaluation
- Context-Aware Operating Theatres
- Surgical vision and perception
- Cognitive models
- Sensors, Wearable and implantable electronics and robots
- Decision support networks to enhance surgical procedural assistance
- Context-awareness and team communication in the operating theater
- Human-robot collaborative systems
- Surgical training and assessment
- Affordable interventional technologies
- Low-cost navigation systems
As well as best paper awards sponsored by Intuitive Surgical and NDI, this year the workshop will offer a number of registration fee waivers to presenting student authors from economically developing countries! Please contact us for more information!
***If you are a student from an economically developing country (https://isi-web.org/capacity-building/developing-countries…), and not an author listed for AE-CAI | CARE | OR 2.0 but would like to attend we have a few waivers left! Write us a couple sentences about you, your research interests and why you would like to attend along with a link to any personal sites (if you have any). You can apply by sending and email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Please register for this conference through the MICCAI registration.
*Note: At least one author per accepted paper must register to the workshop.